Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love is what its all about...

It was a beautiful day here in Lacey Washington. The sun really turned the yellow leaves golden. Part of our sun was felt in reading today from III Nephi and feeling the special power of the account of the Saviors visit and healing of the people in the new world. I was particularly touched, again, by the way Christ is touched by the love and faith of that people for Him. He says "my joy is full" and "he wept". And he prayed words that could not be written. As I walked in our forest and felt the warmth of the sun on my face and pondered these words my soul was warmed and I felt that love.
In a late night conversation with one of the good Bishops of this area I was impressed with his devotion and the particular way he expressed his appreciation for the blessing of being a Bishop..." to feel a small portion of the love the Lord has for his children". Feeling that love... isn't that what its all about.
I am grateful for the love of my family and especially my partner, friend and helpmate even my wife. She is truly an example of love to me.

1 comment:

Brigg said...

I recently read that same passage and I was again struck by the fact that he prayed words that were not permitted to write. All of the craziness that is happening all over the world, you're right - what matters most is our families and love!

I am jealous that you guys live were you can walk around in the forest and stuff right outside of your front door. Cool.